This morning I woke up, put on the news, and to my astonishment, Obama was the winner of the presidential elections. It was a definite happy start to my day. No offense to those "McCainers" out there, but I am hopeful that Obama will stick to his word and make that "change" for our country. Hopefully Obama will be able to do more good to this country rather than damage as our former president, Bush.
Not only was I excited for Obama's victory, I was happy for the fact that Americans are beginning to stop the race issue. For the first time in history, America now has a African-American president because of the votes of our fellow Americans. But even with the race issue beginning to seize, it is pathetic that we now have to worry on whether Barack Obama will be assassinated because of the color of his skin.
November 4, 2008 not only was a date of history, it was also the start to a new beginning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I believe that this election will go down in history. It marks the equality between black and white people and really shows that skin color should not be a factor when electing our president. He can do as better as any other white president. I think that with time he definitely will show everyone that he was the better choice because it's time that America suffers radical changes for the better. I hope that in the future people's perspective toward black people will change thanks to this man that will not disappoint us.
I was extremely happy as well to see Obama win the presedential election. What made it even better was that he won with a landslide. This landslide was also a statement to the world. That not only was a black president voted for but he got the vote of almost all Americans. I believe it shows how are country has evolved pass the racial barrier. I also find it pathetic that the United States has the mind set that Obama may be assasinated. It really shows how bad some people's mindset in the country are.
I was also extrememly happy when i found out Obama had won. I was actually at the capital in FSU during the election so it was especially crazy over there. As I saw him get the majority of the electorical votes i realized that i was witnessing history. It's amazing how far society has come only 50 years ago african-americans had to sit in the back of the bus and now an african american is leading our country. November 4th will surely be a date to remember and i am hopeful for all the changes that he said he was going to make.
Post a Comment