The decision was made Tuesday for an 18 year old boy who learned his fate after shooting another teen two years back. The jury has found Joshua Ladson guilty of manslaughter. As Ladson stood there emotionless, the victim's family had the opposite reaction. The original charge was suppose to be for murder, from the tragic death of Giovanny Mayoral. Authorities say in August 2006, Ladson who was only 16 at the time, shot Giovanny of only 14 years old, who was riding a dirt bike, because he passed Ladson at a high rate of speed. The defense has said that the gun fire was an accident and their argument in court was strong enough to lessen the charge.
The defense attorney said, "It's a tragic tragic situation what happened to the young man out there on the motorcycle. And the tragedy continues with our client being found guilty of manslaughter."
Ladson could face up to 30 years behind bars.
According to authorities, Ladson could face up to 30 years in prison.
Video: Teen found guilty of manslaughter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Thats very interesting.I don't think the jury waited 2 years for nothing,i believe they were waiting until he turned 18 so that they could punish him to the full extent of the law.No doubt he should go to jail.This shooting is probably the most meaningless death ever.
Lauren
I agree with Saad. I'm pretty sure the judge was just he whole awaiting his 18th birthday so the charges could be even bigger. The whole situation is sad, a child was shot about 2 years ago and it's even sadder to hear that another child commited this mistake. I feel bad for the kid and his family, but he's getting what he deserves, he should have never shot the other kid no matter what!
He's only 18 years old and he's facing 30 years in jail?
This guy is losing his whole life, and after he gets out of jail, this accident will just follow him wherever he goes. It’s horrible to hear when these occurrences happen, and lately it's happening almost every day. People don't know what to do with their lives.
Thats really sad how young kids are killing other kids. I do not understand how that could have been an accident. I also think that the jury purposely waited two years so they could charge this teen as an adult considering the evidence against him was very strong. It makes me sad when i hear these sort of stories. I think much blame should go to the parents though for raising a kid that thinks it is okay to shoot another teen.
Post a Comment