For the second time, a mixed race couple in England is again celebrating the birth of twins who have a different skin color. In 2001, Dean Durrant (who is black) and Alison Spooner (who is white) had twin daughters, with one looking just like Durrant and one just like Spooner. Seven years later, Spooner gave birth to another pair of twin girls, and again, one infant has the same skin color as her father and the other baby takes after her mother."I was shocked when I first found out I was pregnant with twins again -- but I never thought for one second they would turn out the same as last time," The chances of giving birth to a second set of twins with different skin colors are 1 in 500,000.
3 comments:
I never heard of that before. Do they have a condition? At the same time, the birth is interesting. Could this be a twist on the term "fraternal twins?"
I have never heard of this and they are twins. That amazes me, I wonder if there is a new generation of twins coming into our future?
I think this story is really fascinating. It’s incredible that she didn’t only just have a second set of twins, but they were both different skin colors. I wonder if this is just a genetic mishap, or if we're going to start seeing this more often. I question if there is possibly anything else that is significantly different between them.
Post a Comment